Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX Belize Blue

The picture and the review of this car are taken from bobbypd.blogspot.com. This is a nice car I think. The complete review of this car by bobbypd.blogspot.com is as follws:
This is a review of the 2008 Honda Accord LX-S Coupe, 4-Cylinder, Automatic Transmission (Eighth Generation). I bought this car just over a month ago and have put about 1000 miles on it to date. For comparison purposes: I am 6'1" and about 200 lbs.

In the time I've had the car, I've filled up 5 times, averaging 21 MPG as my actual real MPG, with about 75% city driving. I use the recommended 87 octane regular unleaded, usually from Sunoco and Exxon. (For comparison, the average MPG of my old Civic was 26 MPG). My lowest MPG has been 17.8 (the first fill-up, mostly city miles) and my highest 24.3 (with 100% highway driving that particular fill-up), giving me a somewhat disappointing MPG. This is definitely not the 21/31 MPG that Honda has advertised - I understand that no car gets its advertised mileage, but still...I wasn't expecting my mileage to be right at their lowest estimate. The 2008 Honda Accord gas tank has a capacity of 18.5 gallons.

Driving

I feel confident passing cars at highway speeds, and the 4-cylinder, 190-horsepower engine is more than enough for everyday driving. Normal highway speeds keep the engine in the low-2000 RPM range. I sometimes feel like I should have gotten the v6, BUT really, with gas at around $3.80, I'm glad I didn't. And really, the performance of the I4 engine is more than ample for city driving or highway cruising.

The coupe is hard to see around, however. I cannot see down the hood of my car, nor can I see my trunk that well. And really, there's a lot of junk in the trunk, so I'm always concerned about hitting something when backing up. Seeing around the sides of the car is also a challenge, since the curtain airbags take up a lot of space along the sides, reducing the rear side windows to tiny triangles – just barely of any use, and because the sides are quite high.

I'm a tall person and this car fits me perfectly (this was an issue with my Civic). A friend who drives a large SUV said that he somehow feels that my car is more spacious feeling than his - at least in the front seats. The back seats are ok, but headroom is significantly reduced due to the dramatically raked roof, and the legroom is very minimal. I’d suggest only children and/or shorter people should sit back there for long rides. Specs from Honda, Two Door, 2008 Honda Accord Coupe LX:

Interior Measurements
Headroom (in., front/rear): 39.1 / 35.9
Legroom (in., front/rear): 42.2 / 33.1
Shoulder Room (in., front/rear): 58.4 / 54.5
Hiproom (in., front/rear): 56.4 / 46.3

Exterior Measurements
Wheelbase (in.): 107.9
Length (in.): 190.9
Height (in.): 56.4
Width (in.): 72.8
Track (in., front/rear): 62.2 / 62.2
Curb Weight (lbs., MT/AT): 3221 / 3283

1 comments:

Bobby said...

Glad you like my picture.

My review of this car can be found at: http://bobbypd.blogspot.com/2008/05/review-of-2008-honda-accord-coupe-lx.html.

This picture, and others of this car, can also be found at my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nonovyas/.

Bobby
http://bobbypd.blogspot.com/

Honda Jazz : RedFront Side View of G-POWER M6 BMW Hurricane CS 2009Front Angle View of 2009 Seat Exeo JE DESIGN 2005 Toyota CelicaHonda Jazz Purple
Honda Jazz : RedFront Side View of G-POWER M6 BMW Hurricane CS 2009Front Angle View of 2009 Seat Exeo JE DESIGN 2005 Toyota CelicaHonda Jazz Purple

Popular Posts